- 88 pages
- 21cm x 27.5cm
- Published in San Francisco, 2018
In 1997, Francis Ford Coppola launched Zoetrope: All-Story, a quarterly magazine devoted to the best new short fiction and one-act plays.
The Winter 2018/2019 edition of Zoetrope: All-Story was designed in its entirety by the filmmaker David Lynch, featuring a selection of his rarely and never-before-seen paintings, lithographs, photographs, and collages.
In this issue:
- Original short fiction from Tommy Orange (author of the novel There, There, among the most celebrated releases of 2018)
- Esmé Weijun Wang (recently named to Granta’s once-a-decade list of the Best of Young American Novelists)
- Jon Raymond (screenwriter of the films Old Joy, Wendy and Lucy, Meek’s Cutoff, and the forthcoming First Cow, and cowriter—with Todd Haynes—of the HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce)
- Barry Gifford (author of the novel Wild at Heart, and cowriter—with David Lynch—of the film Lost Highway)
- William S. Burroughs’s iconic story-cum-instruction manual “The Discipline of DE,” introduced by the Oscar-nominated filmmaker Gus Van Sant, who adapted the piece as his first film 40 years ago