- 98 pages
- 27cm x 18cm
- Published in Hamburg, 2017
Dedicated to the city of Hamburg, Gentle Rain explores urban landscapes and creative habitats to present a charming look at how individuals live and work in the metropolis.
Sure, you’ll encounter interesting places to visit in this city magazine, but it’s also a beautifully designed, well-researched title filled with inventive graphics, tasteful typography and lovely stories that will engage you more deeply than conventional publications of its kind. Created by the magazine aficionados behind the Indiecon festival, you can see this one is a real labour of love.
In this issue:
- Doing tequila shots with the best barkeeper in the city (Betty Kupsa of Chug Club)
- Partying with space sergeants at Golem, a bar located in the cellars of a fish market
- Journalist Arne Schulz went to the Wild East of Hamburg to track down simple truths and ended up brooding over complicated building plans
- For the cover story, Jonathan Engel — a recent tenant of the Beatles’ old apartment on the Reeperbahn — reports on what remains of the legend
- And photographer Frederike Wetzels visually conjures the spirit of those times in the Beatles’ attic flat